Friday, October 17, 2014

Anniversary Scavenger Hunt

October 16 is Mike & my "dating anniversary".   This year made 3 years!  Not sure if it's "normal" to celebrate your dating anniversary after marriage, but I'm okay for any excuse to celebrate!

This year I decided to do a scavenger hunt for Mike.  This is really something I would love more than something he would love, but it's the thought that counts, right :)

Here are all the clues:


First clue was in waiting in his car when he left for work:

 

I emailed him his second clue to lead him to the ones hidden around his office:

That led him to the next clue & a Fast Break:





This led him to a Monster waiting in the fridge:




That was the last at his office.  I gave him the next after we had finished dinner:






Once we got to Bo's I gave him the next one, which basically just gave me time to set the others up in the store

Once I was finished setting them up in the store I brought him this:
That's when the fun really began.  I wasn't sure if he would be up for it, he's more of an introvert, but he played along great.  We had so much fun.

bananas


strawberries






fudge (well chocolate syrup, couldn't find the fudge haha)




nuts (even though we didn't get any... haha)



cool whip! 




I was supposed to put the "wink, wink" one on Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra; but Bo's wasn't up to date enough for that :(  so we had to settle for caramel gellato--which was still amazing! 






Once we had everything (total of $13) I gave him the final card:

 



This was so fun for us!  It was even better when we got to go home & eat our banana splits with a glass of wine while watching a RomCom!  


This was definitely one of those gifts you give but really you're benefiting yourself as well.  But neither of us were complaining about that!  It definitely made me look forward to having kids.  I'll be able to plan fun things like this ALL the time then!

YAY!  Happy Crafting!


3 comments :

  1. I just came across this and it's absolutely brilliant. It's our 10th wed anniversary in a couple of weeks and trying to do something "a little different". Thank you for this, you've given me some food for thought lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute and creative idea. I'm so going to use some of your ideas and a few of my own. Thanks for sharing! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative and cute. good idea!

    ReplyDelete